Wellicht heb je nog nooit PlayStation Home gedownload, of heb je er een uurtje rondgelopen en verder nooit meer opgestart. Maar Sony heeft een nieuwe versie vrijgegeven van PlayStation Home, namelijk versie 1.60. Deze update brengt allerlei aanpassingen en vernieuwingen. Zo kun je nu meer meubels plaatsen in je huis, is er een kerstsfeer toegevoegd en zo kunnen we nog wel even doorgaan. Voor meer informatie over deze update kun je hier terecht bij het officiële PlayStation Blog.
Application of the patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the 1.60 patch please wait for the orange “hard drive activity” light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
Furniture placement limit
- We have doubled the furniture placement limit in Personal Spaces and Clubhouses from 50 to 100 items.
- This has been a regularly requested change and we’re eager to see what new layouts you come up with!
- Standard and active furniture limits have been merged into the same system. Currently all actives take up 22 furniture slots in the new system. Thus you can now place a variety of different combinations:
- 100 standard furniture items or…
- 78 standard furniture items and 1 active or…
- 56 standard furniture items and 2 actives or…
- 34 standard furniture items and 3 actives or…
- 12 standard furniture items and 4 actives.
Targeting in Personal Spaces
- Targeting in Personal Spaces has been improved.
- This means you shouldn’t accidentally target furniture items through floors or ceilings any more.
- Although we have made exceptions for wall hangings and lights as these tend to be placed quite high up.
- If you find any items of furniture in places you can’t reach then you can always remove them through the furniture browser and place them somewhere else.
- We have changed the way that companion portables work so they will automatically re-activate after you enter and leave a mini-game or relocate between spaces. No more having to put your companion away and take them out again when you do this!
- There is a more proactive help system to aid new users outside of their Harbour Studio Personal Space as they explore PlayStation®Home for the first time.
- Arcade games are no longer subject to the 3 minute inactivity timeout when placed as furniture in Personal Spaces or Clubhouses.
We have removed the “Community” section of the Menu Pad. The information that used to be contained in here is now communicated via the message of the day pop-up at login and the new loading screens.
Of course, there are plenty more bug fixes and enhancements that are part of v1.60 as well which will help improve your day-to-day experience in the wide world of PlayStation Home.