Vorig jaar vlak voor de E3 verscheen er een bericht op Kotaku waarin min of meer het gehele verhaal van de singleplayer van Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 uit de doeken werd gedaan. Dit hadden onze Amerikaanse collega’s van een anonieme bron die het enige tijd later van A tot Z bij het rechte eind had. Dit jaar zal Call of Duty: Black Ops II gaan verschijnen en het riedeltje lijkt zich te herhalen. Een anonieme bron van DualShockers heeft de onderstaande informatie via een bekende die bij Activision aan de game werkt en het is nogal wat.
We beginnen met de singleplayer, welke spoilers bevat. Lezen is dus op eigen risico, ondanks dat het niet officieel bevestigd is door Activision of Treyarch. Vervolgens de informatie over de multiplayer en als laatste de perks en killstreaks.
The story revolves two things. First around Frank woods as an old man talking about his missions with Alex Mason, giving tips on how to defeat Raul Menendez which you flash back to and are able to play. Other part of the story involves Raul Menendez, a terrorist that eventually controls the worlds drone army, starting a world war. Menendez has presence in the flashback missions as well, showing how he rose to power over the years.
- Afghanistan -The level that shows players riding horses in the trailer. This is a flashback mission. Meet up with Chinese soldiers to meet at a Mujahideen base, who are willing to exchange info on Menendez in exchange from helping defend them against a Russian attack. The Mujahideen betray Mason and Woods at the end of the mission.
- Angola – No information given. Rumored to be the first mission.
- Panama – Mission name “Let it snow”. Flashback mission. Takes place in 1989 in the invasion of Panama. Capture dictator Manuel Noriega and plant false evidence to smear his name. Mission ends with the death of Mason. Woods thinks he is assassinating Menendez, but after he shoots and checks the body, it is revealed he actually just killed Mason. Woods is shot and Manuel Noriega escapes. Woods is then rescued.
- Haiti – Possible final level and/or strike force mission.
- Pakistan – No information given. However, speculation about this being a future mission, recording Menendez’s conversation, driving a car, and flying a helicopter.
- Al Jinan – A floating city in the middle of the ocean. Obtain information on a weapon called “Karma”. Go undercover as technicians and even user a remote controlled spider robot to control through vents to gain access to areas of the level. It is revealed that “Karma” is not a weapon, and is in fact a girl. Fight through a nightclub full of people and an outdoor mall. At the end is a choice that will effect later on in the game. Karma is taken captive by enemies and you must stop her from escaping. Use a sniper rifle to either kill or disable her.
- U.S.S. Barack Obama – An aircraft carrier. Menendez is held captive. While he is being interviewed, Menendez escapes while the Cordis Die group attacks. Near the end of the mission, player is able to actually play as Menendez, taking hostages, then escape while shooting gas grenades with a launcher.
- Singapore (Strikeforce mission) – No information. Gameplay demos online show this level better than the info I had available.
- Yemen(Strikeforce mission) – No information
- Yemen (Non strikeforce, regular mission) – Play as Fahrid, an undercover informant. This mission contains a choice that can effect the rest of the story. Harper is taken captive and Mendez gives you a gun and tell you to shoot him. You can either choose to shoot and kill Harper to maintain your cover, or to shoot Menendez. If player chooses to shoot Menendez, he will grab your gun then shoot the player. Player then plays as Mason. In either decision, Mendez is captured at the end of the mission.
- Nicaragua – Flashback mission with Woods and Mason.
- Myanmar – Obtain a rare earth element from an enemy base. Start the mission in a squirrel suit flying through a rainy landscape.
- Los Angeles – Shown in the E3 demo. Highlights include flying a jet and driving a truck.
Wapens (gedeelte althans)
- Assault Shield – Same as the riot shield in MW3, but can be placed on the ground standing up, so it can give the player some cover while using their other weapon.
- SCAR assault rifle
- Vector K10 SMG
- Ballistic Knife
- AS-50 sniper rifle
- Storm PSR – Shown in the E3demo.
- Crossbow with explosive tip
- Barreta burst pistol
- RPG – with an updated futuristic look
- Stinger Missile
- Note: There are no noob tubes (grenade launchers) in this game
- You can now make a class based on how much equipment you have, rather than having to choose stuff you don’t ever use. For example, it is possible to have 6 perks if you choose to not carry a primary or secondary weapon (you will have just a knife). If you choose to pick a primary gun, it will say you need to replace one of those perks. If you don’t like any perks, you can add more features to your primary or secondary.
- Live Streaming – Black Ops 2 will now have a live streaming feature built right in. You can automatically stream your gameplay over the internet easily. You would require a camera though for the feature that shows your face. This may or may not work with Kinect.
- Dedicated servers – Black ops 2 will now feature deticated servers, so now you wont have to worry about host migrations when someone leaves the match.
- Cargo / Dockside – Play through a Singapore shipping yard. Same as the strikeforce mission in single player
- Aftermath – Play through some ruins of Los Angeles.
- Hijacked – A close quarter map that takes place on a Yacht.
- Slums – Play though slums in panama.
- Drone – Play through a complex with docked aerial drones.
- Power plant – Play through a Pakistan power plant.
- Nightclub – Play in a nightclub from the Al Jinan single player campaign .
- Overflow – Takes place in Pakistan on in a business district.
- Carrier – Takes place on an aircraft carrier U.S.S. Barack Obama from single player.
- Turbine – Takes place in Yemen in a valley with crashed windmills.
- Yemen – Takes place in suburban Yemen with close quarter buildings.
- Ghost- No information
- Fast Hands – Swap weapons faster and throw grenades faster
- Dexterity– Climb obstacles faster
- Lightweight– Either run faster, or run longer.. not much info on that
- Flak Jacket – Same as in Black Ops 1
- Tactical mask – Resistant against flash bangs, concussion grenades, spikes, emp grnades
- Cold blooded –No information
- UAV – Standard COD killstreak
- Care Package – Standard COD kill streak
- RC-XD – Same that was in Black Ops 1. Remotely control an RC car with explosives on it
- Microwave Turret – Place this on the on the ground to trap enemies in a wave of microwave energy. If the enemy is in it for too long, they die
- Death Machine – Same killstream from Black Ops 1
- Hellstorm Missile– Same to the Predator missle in MW3, except it can deploy a cluster bomb before impact if the player wishes
- Multiple grenade launcher – A rapid fire grenade launcher
- QR Drone – Control a quadrotor, flying through the map, shooting enemies
- AI Tank – Similar to the assault drone in MW3
- Sentry Gun – Your typical COD sentry gun. Can remotely control it
- Orbital VSAT – Similar to the Advanced UAV in MW3, but cannot be shot down, and has the enemies painted on minimap. Their position and directional information is shown in real time
- Single Seeker Drone – Launch a single seeker drone that flies into the air and seeks out the nearest enemy and kills them
- EMP – Same as in MW3
- Helicopter gunner – Control a helicopter gunner. Includes feature to move across map when player wishes to change position
- Lodestar – A plane that flies over the map. Player can control it shooting rockets down at the enemies
- Helicopter escort – Have a helicopter that follows you from above, shooting enemy players
- Attack Dogs – Same kill streak from Black Ops 1
- Drone Swarm –The top killstreak. Call in a swam of drones overhead that will seek out and kill enemies