Vorige week lieten we al weten dat Respawn Entertainment Titanfall 2 deze week zou voorzien van een nieuwe modus en een aantal nieuwe maps. De update die deze content toevoegt is inmiddels beschikbaar en is 2.2GB groot (update 1.09).
Samen met dat de update het één en ander aan de game toevoegt, voert de ontwikkelaar ook nog het één en ander aan verbeteringen in de game door. Alle details over de nieuwe features en de fixes/verbeteringen staan in één overzichtelijke changelog en die hebben we hieronder voor je geplaatst.
Nieuwe content (gratis)
New Mode: Frontier Defense
- Co-op 4 player mode.
- Davis and Droz of the Last Resort faction will be guiding you through the waves. They are unique to Frontier Defense mode and your earned merits will still apply to whatever MP Faction you have selected.
- Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- The Titan you pick at the start is locked for the rest of the match.
- Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools at the Armory.
- Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
- There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
- New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
- Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
- 5 maps supported at launch: Homestead, Forwardbase Kodai, War Games, Rise, Blackwater Canal
- “Classic Music” option will unlock Titanfall 1 lobby music and Frontier Defense music. [Win 10 matches of Frontier Defense to access]
New Map: Rise
- Long sight lines and tight quarters dictate the battle in this abandoned desert reservoir. The towering, sheer walls and a system of convenient zip lines provide Pilots with means to get around quickly while Titans do battle in the long corridors below. Pilots can also set up ambushes in the guts of this complex pipeworks, while titans can lock down large sections of the battlefield at critical junctures. Tread carefully.
New Live Fire Map: Township
- A new modular construction of a residential firefight. Cover is sparse for Pilots bold enough to leave the safety of a few houses. Windows and rooftops decide who controls the map, but dense interiors can always hold surprises.
Nieuwe betaalde content
Elite Weapon Warpaints
- Exclusive to Pilot weapons, these Warpaints grant the Squad Leader bonus: If you or any other player own one of these Warpaints, everyone on your team will be granted bonus XP. The effect doesn’t stack, and you don’t need to have the warpaint equipped to receive the bonus. Additionally, owners of the Warpaints will have a 10% chance of receiving a double XP token per owned weapon [up to 30%] at the end of every match:
- G2A5 “MASTERWORK ELITE”
- ALTERNATOR “FRONTIER PATRIOT ELITE”
- B3 WINGMAN “AQUA FADE ELITE”
- ARCHER “PHANTOM ELITE”
- CAR “CRIMSON FURY ELITE”
- R-201 CARBINE “UNDERGROUND ELITE”
- EVA-8 AUTO SHOTGUN “BADLANDS ELITE”
- FLATLINE “BLUE FADE ELITE”
- Grants bonus Aegis XP to you and your teammates at the completion of a Frontier Defense match when this skin is equipped. This boost will be increased with each team member that also has the warpaint meaning you can earn up to 4x Aegis XP bonus. Warpaint also includes an additional shoulder arm plate with scaling iconography based on hardest Frontier Defense difficulty completed with that titan. The Warpaint also grants a special call sign with scaling iconography based on the hardest Frontier Defense difficulty completed with that titan.
- Added more out of bounds triggers to Complex.
- New stats page for maps, including tracking of Frontier Defense difficulty levels.
- Visual improvements for Weapon and Titan stats pages.
Game Mode Adjustments
- Various improvements to the UI for Private Match, including increased visibility of text chat on PC.
- Fixed issues with purchasable Nose Arts not showing up correctly on Titans.
- Spectators in Marked for Death can no longer be marked for death.
- Titan Nose Arts flagged as Advocate Gift unlocks may now actually be awarded when opening Advocate Gifts.
Titanfall 2 krijgt vanaf 28 juli tot en met 30 juli een free trial. Mocht je de game eerst even willen uitproberen, zorg dan dat je de trial op de 28ste binnenhaalt.