Bungie heeft laten weten dat men afstapt van de incrementele 1.0.x Destiny 2 updates en na de aankomende uitbreiding overstapt naar 1.1.x. Dit markeert de volgende grote stap voor de Destiny 2 wereld.
Het is nog niet precies duidelijk wat de update allemaal gaat veranderen, al heeft Bungie al wel een klein lijstje vrijgegeven met punten waar ze momenteel aan werken. De update komt tegelijkertijd uit met hotfix 1.1.1 en die komt weer tegelijkertijd met de eerste grote uitbreiding uit, Curse of Osiris.
Curse of Osiris staat gepland voor een release op 5 december.
Punten waar Bungie mee bezig is
- New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
Alle details over Curse of Osiris
- Biggest Public Event ever: In the Curse of Osiris, players enter a Public Event, which displays life on Mercury and is the largest and most rewarding Public Event we’ve ever created for Destiny
- Gate-keepers will be the focal point and once killed, players will be able to pick up keys as a way of progressing through the public event
- With this Public Event, we have different islands which allow players to move around the environment, opening up space to other areas that you wouldn’t normally be able to get to when you’re patrolling
- If you’re a solo player, Destiny 2 will introduce you to people to help you complete this activity
- Lighthouse: Players will find significant changes to the lighthouse…
- The Forge is a Vex weapon wall which shows players’ progression, helping you build various weapons which can be used as end-game weapons
- There will be mysteries players can solve and piece together in the Lighthouse space and Brother Vance will provide new adventures, which will be the corner stone for players to explore Mercury
- Heroic Adventures: Players can challenge themselves with Heroic Adventures, and modifiers are being added to the Adventures which change it up every time you play
- Story Strikes: Players’ experiences will be changing with Strikes, and in EP1 there will be more Strikes shown as part of the main story which will tell players more about the Campaign
- Go through the gate to the Infinite Forest:
- The Infinite Forest is a large Vex simulation constructed to explore infinite possibilities throughout time and is the last place Osiris was last seen
- The Infinite Forest offers players a different experience every time, and a great experience whether you’re exploring the past, present or future
- Unlocking the gate: Ikora will set players through the forest in order to find demons and unlock the gate
- New ways to explore Mercury – players will experience different versions of Mercury as we move through time, with the Infinite Forest acting as a pathway from the present day into simulated versions of the past, present and future, giving a sense of the unknown, of wonder
- Adventures all have different combat races, i.e. – playing one for the Hive or the Fall and players will have a lot of variety. End caps are all hand crafted. Encounters are custom
- Up and Up is one of the Adventures which takes you into the future. It takes players from the present day into simulation