Deck13 is druk bezig met The Surge 2, maar dat betekent niet dat ze het eerste deel al helemaal achter zich hebben gelaten. Er is namelijk nieuwe content uitgegeven en die wordt geheel gratis aangeboden in de PlayStation Store.
De ‘Cutting Edge’ DLC brengt drie nieuwe wapens en drie verschillende bepantsering met zich mee. Om deze te bemachtigen moet je nieuwe vijanden verslaan, die je kunt vinden in ‘Abandoned Production’, ‘Executive Forum’ en ‘Nucleus’.
De nieuwe wapens en bepantsering zijn als volgt:
• The ANGEL was originally designed for operation in the harsh vacuum of space, some of the most inhospitable conditions known to man, and bestows faster attack speeds, better energy gain, harder impacts on CODENAME weapons.
• The ASCLEPIUS was meant to assist army veterans in gaining a new lease on life, but its regenerative powers will work well enough for you too.
• The NANO WARD gear uses bleeding edge technology to give your blocks some serious explosive power – if you can time them right.
On the more offensive side, CREO’s new weapons are the latest technology, prototypes for blue-sky projects that may never see the light of day – and certainly haven’t been safety-tested!
• The Experiment 44H, known as the Dark Star, never saw full production due to the madness of its creator leading to him sabotaging the whole project before more than one could be made. Its unique containment field will wreak havoc on enemies.
• The Engelhart is a boost tool that uses state-of-the-art technology to become searing hot anytime, anywhere. As potentially dangerous to the wielder as their enemies, it requires skill and practice to use effectively.
• The BioN J-1, codenamed Last Aid, is quite literally a surgical tool, originally designed for use in medical hospitals. After an unfortunate incident with a rogue doctor, it became known as a tool of carnage.