De patch voor deze week is net zoals altijd weer eentje met een waslijst aan fixes en veranderingen voor Fortnite. Naast dit brengt de patch ook een nieuw wapen met zich mee, namelijk de Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifle. Deze ligt verstopt in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops en Vending Machines.
Als laatste is er nog een nieuwe foraged item, namelijk appels. Appels kun je consumeren voor een extra 5 aan health, tot wel 100. Je kunt je personage dus volledig herstellen met appels en deze vind je rondom bomen op de map.
Bekijk de changelog en nieuwe wapens hieronder.
Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifle
Quad Launcher – Save the World
- Standard gamepad configuration has been renamed from ‘Standard’ to ‘Old School’.
- Slightly increased the texture streaming pool on Xbox One to help prevent blurry textures from occurring.
- Changed the button mapping for PS4 controllers on Mac to use the Touchpad instead of the Share button to open chat.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would be hidden on the loading screen for Windows + Mac players.
- Fixed several causes of rubberbanding when toggling sprint and weapon targeting, which were caused by bugs within those abilities.
- Fixed text labels being inconsistent on all controller layout screens.
- Fixed the time spent in match text not updating properly for party members.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Added Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifles.
- Can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Does 32 / 33 damage (Epic / Legendary).
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Uses the same damage fall-off ranges as other Assault Rifles.
- Added a new foraged item: Apples
- Consuming an Apple will grant 5 health (up to 100).
- Can uncommonly be found around certain trees throughout the map.
- Impulse Grenade drop rate has been increased by 5%.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Damage increased by 3.
- Common is now 20 (was 17).
- Uncommon is now 21 (was 18).
- Rare is now 22 (was 19).
- Increased Accuracy reset speed by 25%.
- This will decrease the penalty during continuous fire.
- Increased Damage fall-off range.
- Fall-off begins at 28 meters (was 24 meters).
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters (was 80% at 35 meters).
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters (was 65% at 50 meters).
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Damage Trap
- Decreased Damage from 125 to 75.
- Reset Time decreased from 6 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Remote Explosives
- They will now damage all structures within range, whether or not they are visible from the explosion center.
- Damage radius and throw distance have been increased.
- Delay between sequential explosions has been reduced from 0.25 seconds to 0.175 seconds.
- Delay before detonating a charge or throwing another one has been reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.15 seconds.
- Removed the delay between swapping to a grenade and the ability to aim it.
- Fixed an issue where Remote Explosives could destroy the meteor in Dusty Divot.
- Assault Rifles no longer appear to eject multiple bullet casings per shot.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using the Launch Pad when multiple players activated it at the same time.
- Added ‘Auto-Pickup’ option for pickups on PC and consoles.
- This will automatically pick up Weapons and Consumables when walking over them (as long as inventory slots are still empty). They will be placed in the next available inventory slot.
- This option can be enabled in the Settings menu.
- 50v50 V2 Adjustments
- DBNO damage per tick lowered from 10 to 5.
- Chest spawn rate increased from 50-70% to 75-90%.
- Final circle is shortened from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.
- This last circle exists for 60 seconds before gradually closing in over an additional 60 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where Turbo Building would stop if you pressed another button before releasing the other.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to bypass weapon equip times after canceling a consumable use animation.
- Players can no longer crouch through the vents of the research facility in Dusty Divot.
- Fixed an issue causing door prediction to get stuck and make it so a player could never open doors.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect displaying of selected cosmetic items in the lobby.
- Patched up a hole in the terrain near Lucky Landing.
- Fixed an issue that made chests appear to be unopened when they have already been looted.
- Fixed an issue allowing player to sprint at full speed in a section of the Loot Lake water.
- Improved overall server performance.
- The server tick rate has been increased from 20 to 30 updates per second.
- This allows for more responsive movement and shooting, and reduces effective ping times for all players.
- Network bandwidth has increased slightly.
- Improved material loading by 2x, which should help buildings and characters stream in faster and reduce hitching.
- Fixed large hitches that occurred when certain cosmetic items were encountered for the first time in a match.
- Improved framerate when using Hop Rocks by optimizing its particle effect.
- Fixed remote players appearing to jump far too high when their connection went bad or there was a server hitch.
- To help differentiate between above/below footstep sounds, we’ve added an additional layer to steps that are above you based on the surface type.
- Wood has creaks, Stone has crunches + gravel noises, and Metal has rattles.
- Lowered the volume of the weak points that appear when harvesting 🔈.
- Boosted the volume of Grenade Launcher explosions to more closely match volume of other explosions 🔊.
- Improved how wind fades out prior to landing when using a glider.
- Fixed an issue that would cause audio to cut out on elimination.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a spectated player’s footsteps/jumps/lands to sound like they were to the left/right if they were moving, especially when looking through a scope.
- Emoting in the lobby can now be triggered by clicking the right analog stick.
- Added an emote button to the bottom of the screen while in the lobby.
- Nvidia Shadowplay Highlights now defaults to off (PC only).
- Fixed an issue that prevented map input from working while spectating.
- Fixed an issue where teammate map indicators wouldn’t display during a match.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the consume timer from displaying while consuming a Hop Rock.
- Fixed an issue that caused the trap placement UI to display while looking at surfaces that do not allow trap placement.
- Fixed an issue where the minimap arrow wouldn’t display properly while spectating a player.
ART + ANIMATION
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sprays to affect objects that moved (player-worn bush, soccer balls, etc.).
- Fixed an issue that caused Battlehound’s pants to clip through his tunic when running.
- Fixed issue where Eliminations wouldn’t show up in the Replay browser.
- HUD customization added.
- This is version 1.0, we’ll continue to build this out.
- Added an optimization that limits the number of Sprays rendered at once.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Introducing the Perk Recombobulator (For more info, check out our blog here)!
- To access the Perk Recombobulator, visit the item upgrade screen and navigate to the Upgrade > Modify Perks option.
- This system is available after completing Plankerton Storm Shield Defense 2.
- Upon completion, players unlock a sequence of tutorial quests for the Perk Recombobulator along with enough resources to complete them.
- Players who have already completed Plankerton Storm Shield Defense 2 will already have the quests unlocked, including the initial resources.
- Using the Perk Recombobulator, players can choose their schematic perks, as well as upgrade their strength.
- You can select the perk you want in the slot from a list of perks that fit in that slot, with no random rolls required!
- With two new tiers of power for perks, schematics can ultimately become more powerful than ever before!
- Schematics earned before v4.2 (legacy schematics) are required to undergo a conversion process before their perks can be modified.
- The Perk Recombobulator uses brand new resources!
- RE-PERK (used to both change and upgrade perks)
- PERK-UP (used to upgrade perks)
- FIRE-UP (used to switch element to fire)
- AMP-UP (used to switch element to nature)
- FROST-UP (used to switch element to water)
- Perk resources will be in the Event Store (available Wed., May 16 at 8pm ET).
- Added the ability to upgrade Weapon and Trap Schematic Rarity.
- Uses the same recipe as Hero Rarity Upgrade.
- Legacy schematics must be converted by the Perk Recombobulator before their rarity can be upgraded.
- Unlocked by the 2-Star Evolution Skill Tree Nodes for weapons and traps.
- Updated Mission Rewards and Mini-Boss Mission Alerts to sometimes award RE-PERK and PERK-UP as secondary loot rewards, beginning in early Plankerton. As a result:
- Crafting Materials (Ore, Gizmos, etc.) will appear significantly less often in later zones.
- XP and Evolution Materials (Drops of Rain, Lightning in a Bottle, etc.) will appear slightly less often.
- Elemental Storm Mission Alerts are now available.
- All elemental Husks in these zones will be locked to the zone’s element.
- Each zone awards Elemental Perk currencies for their respective elements: FIRE-UP, AMP-UP, and FROST-UP.
- These currencies can be used in combination with RE-PERK to change the elemental perks on weapon schematics.
- Quota: 2 each
- Repeatable Quests are now available that award Perk currencies.
- Open Caches quest awards RE-PERK currency.
- Kill Mist Monsters quest awards RE-PERK currency.
- Kill Fire, Nature, and Water Husk quests award the appropriate Elemental Perk currencies.
- NOTE: Elemental Husks can be found in Plankerton or higher areas.
- Kill a Chrome Husky quest awards RE-PERK currency.
- Repair the Shelter raid
- In order to reduce the length of the raid fights, they are no longer timed fights.
- Players are now required to eliminate a set number of enemies for each raid.
- The final encounter is still time-based.
- The number of enemies will increase by 10 enemies each of the first 3 raids and then remain at 3rd raid values.
- Mini Llama rewards now scale for Storm Shield Defenses.
- Before, players could earn a fixed amount of Mini Llamas (1-4) based on mission performance, as it didn’t take difficulty into account.
- The new reward breakdown for Mini Llamas is as follows:
- Stonewood: 1 to 4
- Plankerton: 2 to 5
- Canny Valley: 3 to 6
- Twine Peaks: 4 to 7
- Mission Scoring Update:
- Following Build Recommendations for a mission is no longer required to maximize score or rewards.
- Shifted Build Recommendation score & rewards to Mission Victory Badge.
- Critical Rating:
- Critical Rating is the new way we will be evaluating Critical Chance in game.
- All perks that would previously grant Critical Chance now grant Critical Rating.
- The new system adds up all of your Critical Rating.
- Critical Rating is then converted into Critical Chance.
- This Critical Chance is then added to your weapon’s base Critical Chance value.
- Critical Rating changes only affect newly-acquired Schematics, or Schematics that are converted using the Recombobulator.
- All Heros and Defenders have been changed to use Critical Rating.
- As a part of these changes base Critical Chance on all ranged weapons has been increased by 5%.
- Fixed an issue where certain missions didn’t grant rewards.
- Fixed an issue where players that previously didn’t receive rewards will now receive these rewards.
- Changed the following Hero Perks to the new Critical Rating system (these new values are roughly the same as the old Critical Chance perks):
- Eagle Eye
- Increases Critical Rating with Pistols by 18.
- Hammer Critical Chance
- Increases Critical Rating with Blunt Melee by 18.
- Hammer Critical Chance support perks
- Increases Critical Rating with Blunt Melee by 8 / 13 / 18 (Star Level 1 / 2 / 3).
- Anatomy Lessons
- Increases Critical Rating with Edged Melee by 18.
- Anatomy Lessons support perks
- Increases Critical Rating with Swords, Axes, and Scythes by 8 / 13 / 18 (Star Level 1 / 2 / 3).
- Adjustable Choke
- Increases Critical Rating with Shotguns by 8 / 13 / 18 (Star Level 1 / 2 / 3).
- Pain Mastery
- Assassination stacks now grant 3 Critical Rating (per stack) for Edged Melee weapons.
- Ranged Critical Chance Perk
- Increases Critical Rating with ranged weapons by 13.
- Melee Critical Chance Perk
- Increases Critical Rating with melee weapons by 13.
- ‘Fan of Stars’ now affects a wider area at closer ranges.
- Fixed an error with the tooltip for ‘Sureshot’ where it read as “Critical Chance” instead of “Critical Damage”.
- ‘Shockwave’, ‘Throwing Stars’, ‘Crescent Kick’, and ‘Warcry’ no longer cost Energy if canceled quickly by switching to a weapon.
- Fixed an issue which could cause ‘Frag Grenade’ not to fire on release.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Pre-Planning’ support perk wasn’t being applied correctly on the Constructor subclass ‘Demolitionist’.
- Fixed a tooltip issue which could cause all of the Constructor ‘BASE’ perks to not display correctly.
- Fixed a tooltip issue which could cause all of the Outlander’s ‘Phase Shift’ perks to not display correctly.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the ‘Enduring Machine’ perk to apply to all allies, and not just the owning Constructor.
- Fixed an issue where using ‘Phase Shift’ when very close to an enemy could cause the ‘Phase Shift’ to move to unintended locations.
- Fixed some issues that could cause fast firing shotguns to lag out ‘Shock Gunner’ Outlanders.
- Fixed the tooltips of The Tactical perks ‘Feel the BASE’ and ‘Cluster Bomb’ to indicate that they do not stack.
- Fixed an issue that caused ‘Throwing Stars’ to collide with the weapon Monsoon when thrown.
- ‘Bang and Pow’ radius value is now consistent with other tooltips.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Quad Launcher available in Weekly Event Store (available Wed., May 16 at 8pm ET).
- Holds 4 incendiary rockets that leave balls of fire behind after they explode.
- Added several new perks. These cannot appear on legacy Schematics (Schematics earned before v4.2).
- Building Heal (Trap only)
- Heals the attached building by x% of its max health every 10 seconds.
- Effect Duration (Trap only)
- Increases the duration of any effects applied by the trap.
- This also replaces “+x stun duration” on new schematics.
- Increased Building Health (Trap only)
- Increases the max health of the attached building by x%.
- Attack Speed (Melee only)
- Increases attack speed of melee attacks by x%.
- Damage Resistance (Melee only)
- Grants x% damage resistance while weapon is equipped.
- Life Leech (Melee only)
- Heals player for x% of damage dealt.
- Movement Speed (Melee only)
- Increases movement speed by x% while weapon is equipped.
- Damage vs Mist Monsters and Bosses
- Increases damage by x% against Mist Monsters and Bosses.
- New element type: Physical
- Deals non-elemental damage, but has significantly higher base damage.
- Added new unique perk for Founder’s Revolt
- Only available after converting legacy Schematic via Perk Recombobulator.
- Not available on any other Schematics.
- Bullets ricochet to one nearby target, dealing 100% of the damage dealt to original target.
- Added new unique perk for Founder’s Blazing Masamune
- Only available after converting legacy Schematic via Perk Recombobulator.
- Not available on any other Schematics.
- Every 6th successful attack triggers an explosion, dealing damage in a small radius.
- Founder’s Blazing Masamune no longer deals energy damage (only fire damage).
- Remote Explosives, Impulse Grenades, and Clingers no longer take up inventory space. Updated their description to reflect that they don’t persist outside of the mission.
- Critical Chance Schematic perks grant 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 Critical Rating.
- Legacy Schematics still use old Critical Chance values
- Headshot damage perks are now multiplicative instead of additive.
- Weapon Affliction mechanics have changed:
- Afflictions now stack based on their Element (Physical / Energy / Nature / Fire / Water).
- Afflictions no longer stack per weapon type (Melee vs Ranged).
- (Example) Enemies may have a maximum of 1 weapon-based affliction active on them per element per player.
- Affliction now refreshes on reapplication even if the duration of the original affliction has not yet run out.
- Fixed an issue where the area of effect component of the Dragon’s Fury launcher did not damage the environment.
- Fixed an issue where the Boost Trap preview would be the incorrect size.
- Fixed an issue where the previews for the Ice Floor Trap and Flame Grill Trap would show in the incorrect location.
- Changes to instanced pickups:
- All instanced pickups are only visible for the player that can pick them up. This includes presents awarded from secondary missions.
- Removed the nameplate from instanced pickups.
- More items from enemy Loot Drops will be instanced. These include tiered crafting ingredients, rare crafting ingredients, and Ore.
- Utility Traps (Jump Pads, Boost Pads, Healing Pads) now arm immediately when placed, regardless of whether the structure they are placed on is fully built.
- Whisper .45 no longer blocks close range shots while standing near a wall.
- Krypton Pistol now consumes the correct materials when it is crafted.
- Fixed issue where BluGlo Siphons had no collision with projectiles.
- Fixed a visual issue where the game would display the wrong image for the reward (chest, present, box, etc.) that was being opened after the mission.
- Fixed an issue where the Event Store could not be navigated when there were no event items to purchase.
- Hid the controller input symbol covering the checkbox on the Storm Shield UI menu.
- Fixed a problem where the option to expand shield in the Storm Shield UI menu became unusable with a controller.
- Fixed an issue where after evolving an item players were returned to the Schematics screen.
- Restored proper controller input to Collection Book.
- Fixed a case where the Level Up button in the Inspect menu could stop working temporarily on consoles.
- Fixed missing HP bar for some damaged plants.
- Fixed Shielder popping when repositioning himself around the enemy he is providing a shield for.
- Fixed Blockbuster Husky showing up twice in some missions.
- The Taker swoop attack no longer damages players through walls.
- Fixed Building Blocker Mini-Boss modifier not actually blocking buildings.
ART + ANIMATION
- The Shielder has a new model, animations, and effects.
- Hover Turret’s visual FX have been updated.
- The Shielder vocalizations and SFX have received updates.
- Automatic weapons firing sounds now adjust when fire rate has been changed.
- Ride the Lightning mission audio improvements.