Over een kleine twee weken zal Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey verschijnen en de serie verhuist met het aankomende deel naar het oude Griekenland. Een tijdje terug verscheen er een screenshot waarop de gehele map van de game te zien is. Ook werd duidelijk dat de spelwereld aanzienlijk groter zal zijn dan die van Assassin’s Creed: Origins.
Om je nog een beter idee te geven van de spelwereld van Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, zijn er nu afbeeldingen en beschrijvingen van zeven overkoepelende regio’s van de spelwereld verschenen. Deze nieuwe beelden en details lijken nog maar weer eens aan te geven hoe groot en gevarieerd de spelwereld van dit nieuwe deel gaat zijn.
Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey komt op 5 oktober uit voor onder andere de PlayStation 4.
Your journey starts here at the west of the Korinthian Gulf, in Kephallonia. Once a wealthy city that fell due to war, its vast landscape includes Mount Ainos peak and Myrtos Beach. Environment-Summer, Economy:-Timber, Population-Low.
Northern Greece is divided into four regions: Makedonia, Malis, Phokis, and Lokris.
- Makedonia (Rise of An Empire) – located in most northern part of Greece. Environment-Deciduous forest – with many marshes, moors, and lakes, Economy-Silver mining, Population-Low.
- Malis (Wild Lands of the North) – famous for where Xerxes and Leonidas fought 300 battle. Animals and hunter who don’t want war stay here. Environment-Deciduous forest, Economy- Self-sufficient, Population-Very low.
- Phokis (The Land of the Gods) – the home of popular sceneries Sanctuary of Delphi and Oracle of Delphi located in the Temple of Apollo. Environment- Deciduous forest, Economy- Self- make money from those visiting the Oracle as they pass through the city of Khirra, Population- Low numbers of locals, with a large number of visitors.
- Lokris (Salt of the Earth)- Greece’s main source of salt mainly used by military during the war. Environment- Summer Biome – with vast salt flats, seashore salt fields, and a blood red lake forest, Economy- Salt, Population-Very low.
Attika Peninsula holds Athens at its heart and serves as home to some of the most iconic locations of Greece. It has three regions: Attika, Boeotia, and Megaris.
- Attika (The Land of Democracy) – Athens, the biggest city is at the center of Attika. You can find here famous landmarks like Marathon, Cape Sounion, and the Mt Pantelakos Marble Quarry. Environment – Summer Biome – with off-white rocks and golden grasses, Economy- Silver mining at Lavrio and from mainland and island region taxes, Population- Very high.
- Boeotia (Land of Perpetual War) – Thebes is its capital and in Lake Kopai you’ll find Gla. Local military burned its west region. Environment- Summer Biome – burned by the ongoing unrest in the region, Economy- Struggling to be self-sufficient, Population-Medium.
- Megaris (Frontlines Of The War) – severely damaged by battle between Athenians and Spartans. Environment- Lavish Spring landscapes contrasted heavily against the burnt battlefields, Economy- Pottery and pig farming, Population-Low.
A collection of Islands filled with trees and amazing marble architecture, Forest Islands has Petrified, Abantis, and Hepahestos Islands.
- Petrified Islands (Land of Sapphic Love)- home of poet Sappo and Mytilene city. Environment- The Autumnal Forest biome, Economy- Wine, Population-Medium
- Abantis Islands (Islands of The Fall)- Environment- Deciduous forest , Economy- Slaves, Population- Low
- Hepahestos Islands (Filthy Rich)- rich in marble and mineral mines. Environment- Deciduous forest , Economy- Marble and silver, Population- Low
Has all white, sandy beaches and pristine waters, Paradise Islands has Silver, Pirate, Southern Sporades, Naxos, and Paros Islands.
- Silver Islands (From Riches To Rebellion)- Environment- Paradise Island, Economy- Religion , Population- Low.
- Pirate Island (Lands of Plunder)- its older population got wiped by pirates attack. Environment- Paradise like, Economy- Fishing, Population- Very Low.
- Southern Sporades (The School of Medicine)- home of Hippokrates, father of western medicine. Environment- Paradise Island, Economy- Medicine, Population- Low.
- Naxos Island (White Marble Islands)- Environment- Greek Paradise, Economy- Marble, Population- Low.
- Paros Island (The Marble Mountains)- blessed with blue waters and white beaches, Environment- Greek Paradise, Economy- Marble, Population- Low.
Considered as the hottest place due to active volcanoes, Arid Islands is composed of Volcanic Islands, Pephka, Messara, Obsidian Islands, and Kythera.
- Volcanic Islands (FORGE OF THE WORLD)- Environment- Active and passive volcanoes and sulfur lakes, Economy- None, Population- None.
- Pephka (Myths of The Minotaur)- land of pirates and con artists. Environment- Arid, Economy- Tourism, Population- Low.
- Messara (Zeus’ Playground)- Environment- Arid, Economy- Money, Population- Medium.
- Obsidian Islands (The Battle Royale)- Environment- Volcanic, Economy- Money, Population- Medium
- Kythera (Home of Tyrian Purple)- Environment- Volcanic, Economy- Murex, Population- Medium
The true home of first Olympic Games and Greece’s political affairs, Peloponnese has Arkadia, Korinthia, Argolis, Lakonia, Messenia, Achaia and Elis regions.
- Arkadia (Breadbasket of the Peloponnese)- large agricultural area. Environment- Spring Biome, Economy- Agriculture, wheat, crops, plants, flowers, and animals., Population- Low
- Korinthia (Land o Beautiful Corruption)- abundant in clay and pottery. Environment- Lush Spring, Economy- Clay pits, pottery and hetairai, Population- High
- Argolis (Birthplace of Medicine)- Environment- Lush Spring, Economy- Polykleitos bronze statues and travelers visiting the Sanctuary of Asklepios, Population- Medium
- Lakonia (Valley of Warriors)- has best military in the world. Environment- Spring Biome, Economy- Self-sufficient, Population- Medium
- Messenia (The War Factory)- Environment- Deforested and highly-mined Spring Biome, Economy- Weapons and war machines, Population- Medium
- Achaia (Shipyard of Greece)- leader in Naval construction. Environment- Summer, Economy- Ship building, Population- Medium
- Elis (The Olympic Games)- Environment- Summer, Economy- hosting, support, and training grounds for the Olympics, Population- Low local people with many visitors and athletes from the Games.