THQ Nordic heeft een nieuwe update uitgebracht voor Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered. Deze update lost verschillende bugs op, maar dat is niet waar deze update in uitblinkt. Dat zijn namelijk de diverse toevoegingen en gameplay verbeteringen.
De meeste aanpassingen en verbeteringen zitten hem vooral in de multiplayer en de onderstaande changelog geeft voldoende duidelijkheid over wat deze update allemaal doet.
Meer weten over Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered? Klik dan hier voor onze special over deze nieuwe uitgave van de shooter.
- Overall improvements to matchmaking and multiplayer.
- After completing the game once, players can now activate the “reset destruction” feature from the “load game” screen. This remains active for the duration of the session and repairs destroyed buildings and other objects within a certain distance from the player after entering a zone.
- After completing the game once, you can now buy multiplayer hammers at the single player upgrade table.
- After completing the game once, you can now buy multiplayer backpacks at the single player upgrade table.
- Unlocked cheats are now saved in the profile data and carried into new games, allowing you to use them from the very beginning.
- Added support for shoulder switching (activated via pressing left on the D-Pad).
- Added a new “Hardcore” playlist – a playlist that was available in the original console versions of the game for a short time where it was called “MLG Playlist”.
- Added a timeout when waiting for players to get ready at the start of a multiplayer match.
- Lowered the requirements for multiplayer unlocks and multiplayer hidden challenges to make them more realistically achievable with the reduced multiplayer activity of the remaster.
- Heal backpack slightly tweaked.
- Increased party size limit for some playlists.
- Salvage now has a brighter color, making it easier to spot.
- Parties should get split into different teams less often.
- Bagman and Anarchy modes now have a minimum player requirement of 2 instead of 3.
- Game now attempts to determine the best host at the start of a multiplayer match, potentially leading to less latency in multiplayer.
- Slightly tweaked Ashes to Ashes mission in an attempt to prevent random mission failures.
- Increased time until NPCs start stealing the player’s car.
- Increased size of a few icons on the mini-map.
- Fixed a few potential crashes.
- Fix: Under certain conditions, players were able to kick other players in matchmaking.
- Fix: Spacing in kill messages was adjusted.
- Fix: Exiting a multiplayer match now properly counts as a loss.
- Fix: Player skill matchup function wasn’t implemented correctly.
- Fix: Hot-fixed hostages jumping out of cars.
- Fix: Tremor backpack ignores the “camera shake” setting and always makes the affected player shake.
- Fix: Gauss Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Nano Rifle, Reconstructor and Super Gauss Rifle ignore the “camera shake” option as their recoil behavior depends on it, potentially giving players in multiplayer an unfair advantage without it.
- Fixed a couple of ranking bugs.
- Fix: Aiming auto-correct after recoil works again.
- Fix: Some random ore mining spots in the world disappeared for some players – those should now be fixed upon loading the game.
- Fix: Reconstructor doesn’t reappear in upgrade table anymore after already being purchased.
- Fixed texture of Impaler in Demon of the Badlands.
- Fixed in-game trophy UI – now correctly displays trophies as “completed”.
- Fixed custom game settings immediately resetting after a match.
- Fixed some localization bugs.