Hitman 2 heeft gisteren aan het begin van de avond een update ontvangen en die voegt het eerste Elusive Target toe, Sean Bean in de rol van Mark Faba. Hij speelt een voormalig MI5 agent die freelance huurmoordenaar is geworden, die bovendien uitblinkt in het in scène zetten van zijn eigen dood.
De update, versie 2.11, komt ook met de nodige bug oplossingen en gameplay tweaks. De details van die update staan hieronder in de changelog, maar laten we beginnen met een trailer die draait om Mark Faba, het eerste Elusive Target voor de game.
- Overall Game Improvements – We’ve made hundreds of improvements, fixes and tweaks to the entire game across all disciplines. These improvements will greatly improve the experience of playing HITMAN 2.
- The Undying Elusive Target – The first Elusive Target for HITMAN 2 goes live at 5pm UTC on November 20 and will run for 14 days.
- Elusive Target Rewards Challenges – We’re adding the challenges that will unlock Elusive Target Rewards, including the Explosive Pen for The Undying mission as well as the suit unlocks. See our HITMAN 2 Elusive Target Rewards Blog Post for full details on what can be unlocked and how.
- Silent Target Assassin – The knowledge of a target will no longer count against the Silent Assassin rating. To clarify, if a target spots you before you kill them, the SA rating is still awarded. However, if the target’s knowledge is shared to any other NPC, the SA rating is not awarded.
- Mission Story Consistency – We’ve fixed multiple issues across different Mission Stories in the game, where characters might suspend their routine, required items are unusable, etc.
- Floating Targets – Alma and Sean 2 will no longer float in their bed in Hawke’s Bay.
- Press X to… – We’ve fixed an issue where multiple, overlapping prompts could appear on an NPC depending on what 47 was carrying.
- Difficulty HUD Default – The ‘Difficulty HUD’ option will now be defaulted to OFF. It can be toggled to ON in the Gameplay Options.
- Clip Out – We’ve fixed multiple issues across the game where 47 could get stuck in cover, clip into cover, NPC’s get stuck in doors and other related issues.
- Water Improvements – We’ve improved the fidelity of some of the water in Santa Fortuna, so it now moves more realistically and includes foam. We’ve also tweaked the water you can see on the horizon in some levels to look more realistic.
- Objective Icons – We’ve tweaked the icons for objectives so that they accurately show what you’re supposed to do. For example, the ‘Locate Exit’ objective will no longer be displayed with a ‘target kill’ icon.
- Crash Fixes – We’ve fixed various issues that were causing crashes on all three platforms.
- Escalation Situation – We’ve fixed an issue that could prevent the ‘Silent Escalation’ Challenge from completing, despite players completing the requirements.
- Briefcase Blending – We’ve fixed a visual issue that would occur when Agent 47 would start a mission in a blend-in pose and hold the briefcase. He’s probably just happy that it’s back again and doesn’t want to let it go. Either way, the briefcase will now start next to 47, rather than in his hands.
- Out of This World – We’ve fixed various issues where players could get ‘out of world’ or (leave the playable space) or see out of world by moving the camera in certain ways in certain players.
- Camera Crasher – We’ve made a change to the destruction of security cameras, where they can no longer be destroyed by a thrown heavy item.
- Considerate Assassin – We’ve fixed an issue where the ICA Tripwire Mine would behave erratically if placed in an Agency Pickup. Essentially, the mine would be activated before 47 could pick it up and it would kill him if he tried.
- Long Way to Go – We’ve fixed an issue where the target in Hawke’s Bay would not report a found weapon to the closest guard. Now she does.
- Trophies / Achievements Polish – We’ve taken the Opportunity to ensure Mission Stories are accurately described in our trophies / achievements. We’ve updated some of the artwork too.
- Ghost Mode Communication – We’ve made various improvements to the communication around Ghost Mode, including an addition that occurs if you get disconnected from your opponent during a match where we now let you know that was why the matched ended. We’ve also made sure that all suits will display on the end-match screen.
- The Source Search – We’ve added The Source mission to the Contracts Search options. It should have always been there.
- UI_Contract_Desc – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause a mission description to appear in coded text.
- NAT Today – The Lobby screens for Ghost Mode and Sniper Assassin will now display NAT Type information for players with a Type 2 or 3 connection.
- Find 47 – The in-game Notebook Map now aut0-centres on 47 everytime it is opened. Previously, it could retain the previous position and make it difficult to find your location.
- Infinite Training – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause infinite loading in the ICA Facility if a player skips an exit cinematic at a specific time.
- Completionist – We’ve fixed an issue that could prevent the ‘Smells Like Nail Polish’ challenge from unlocking in Hawke’s Bay, and therefore preventing the Completionist trophy/achievement from unlocking.
- LOC down – We’ve fixed an issue with the challenge descriptions not matching their image for users playing in Italian, German, Brasilian and Japanese.
- Arrivederci Regionale Prima – Readership was down for the Regionale Prima in Mumbai. As of today, the “आज का भारत” newspaper will be in circulation instead. The Regionale Prima will still be published in Sapienza.
Legacy Pack Specific Issues
- Headmaster’s Revenge – To resolve a few issues, we’ve simplified the Headmaster’s Revenge challenge to simply require players to eliminate the Reza Zeydan whilst disguised as the Headmaster.
- Rooftop Guard – That guard in Colorado who could end up on the rooftop of the mansion has been asked to come down. He complied.
- Trespassing Makeover – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause 47 to be trespassing while following the doctor during the ‘Makeover’ Mission Story.
- Frequently Answered Questions – We strongly recommend that any players who are having issues with the Legacy Pack check the Legacy Pack FAQ.