Over twee dagen, op 10 december dus, gaat het volgende seizoen van Destiny 2 van start. Het seizoen heet Season of Dawn en Bungie onthulde eerder al de roadmap hiervan, die je een beeld geeft van wat je van het seizoen kunt verwachten. Meer details daarover vind je hier.
De start van Season of Dawn zal ook gepaard gaan met een nieuwe update voor Destiny 2. In een nieuwe blogpost heeft Bungie nu wat meer details gegeven over deze update. Hieruit blijkt onder meer dat de Power Cap en Pinnacle Cap verhoogd worden met de aankomende update en daarnaast zijn er wat aanpassingen op komst voor diverse Supers en de Eververse.
Hieronder kun de patch notes lezen die Bungie heeft gedeeld.
- Increased the drop rate of the “Scourge of the Past” raid Exotic weapon Anarchy from 5% to 10%
- The Exotic Engram and the Fated Engram have been collapsed into a single new Exotic Engram item
- When opened, it awards a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor
- Note: Contents are still class-specific
Powerful and Pinnacle Reward Caps
- Powerful Cap: 960, up from 950
- Pinnacle Cap: 970, up from 960
- Escalation Protocol wave 7 chest no longer requires a key to open
- Chest can be opened upon every successful completion of wave 7
- Each time opening the chest awards one piece of EP armor for your character class until you have the full set
- After full set is acquired, subsequent opening of the chest awards a random piece of armor
- Charged Decryption Keys and Key Fragments are being removed from the game; these items will be removed from player inventories
- Armory keys to spawn Valkyrie Javelins are unchanged and will remain
- EP weapon drops were not touched and are still cumulative-stream boss drops
- The cost of slotting a weapon mod has been reduced from 5,000 Glimmer to 500 Glimmer
- Fixed an issue where Ada-1 could grant duplicate weapon mods
- Repeatable bounties have been added to the Gunsmith
- Merged strike/Crucible/Gambit objectives on the Gunsmith weekly bounty “Field Calibration” into a single objective that shares progress from all sources
- Removed Valor/Infamy and Vanguard tokens from “Field Calibration” as there is no longer a requirement for any of these linked activities
- Added new mode-specific daily Crucible bounties (one per day, selected from full-time playlists and active rotators)
- Reduced the completion requirements of several daily and repeatable Crucible bounties
- Removed grenade and melee bounties from the Crucible bounty repeatable pool
Striker Code of the Missile (Middle Path)
- Increased base damage from 2,700 to 3,200
- Increased in-flight damage from 100 to 200
- Slightly increased the amount of time you have in the air after activation
Nightstalker Way of the Pathfinder (Bottom Path)
- Vanish in Smoke
- Added a short period (0.8 seconds) after the invisibility is applied where firing weapons or performing other actions will not break invisibility
- This should help prevent allies from accidentally breaking invisibility the moment it’s granted to them if unexpected
Voidwalker Attunement of Fission (Middle Path)
- Handheld Supernova
- Adjusted grenade charge time so it lines up with the animations and FX; this should make it feel more consistent to activate
- Added Rusted Lands to appropriate playlists
- Added The Dead Cliffs, Legion’s Gulch, Retribution, and Solitude to appropriate playlists
- Removed Emperor’s Respite, Equinox, Firebase Echo, and Vostok from all Crucible playlists
- These maps are still available for play in private matches
WHAT’S IN STORE?
The past couple seasons of Destiny have brought a lot of change to the Eververse as we look to how we support Destiny on our own as an evolving world. Today we’d like to talk about some of what we’ve heard from you about Season of the Undying, and outline how your feedback is going to impact Season of Dawn.
Offering some amount of Eververse content for Silver only is part of ensuring we are able to fund our ability to keep creating and maintaining Destiny and supporting the team that makes Destiny. That said, we agree with you that we’d also like to see a higher ratio of items that will also be available for Bright Dust. By the end of Season of the Undying, around 50% of Eververse content will have been offered for Bright Dust. In Season of Dawn, we’re going to make around 80% of Eververse content available for Bright Dust at some point during the season.
We’ve also heard you say that you want to know what will be offered for Silver only so you can plan what you are interested in buying. We agree that providing transparency is vital to making informed decisions. We plan to share on social every week what items will be for Silver only during the season as they appear on the Eververse store.
BRIGHT DUST ECONOMY
In Season of the Undying, we changed Bright Dust from a pay-and/or-play-to-earn currency to a play-to-earn reward. We want all players to be able to acquire a selection of their favorite Eververse content every season just by playing the game, and we’ve been keeping an eye on the Bright Dust economy in Season of the Undying with this in mind. In Season of Dawn, all Dawning Weekly and Repeatable bounties will award Bright Dust in quantities equal to the amount awarded from strike, Crucible, and Gambit bounties (200 per weekly and 10 per repeatable). Crimson Days will do the same for Weekly bounties only, as this event does not include Repeatable bounties.
DUPLICATE PURCHASE PREVENTION
The Eververse store no longer permits purchasing an item that is already in your Collection. Hopefully this makes it much more clear which items you have already purchased and will keep you from spending Silver or Bright Dust on an item you already have.