Forum

Topic: Sony gaat PS4 spellen gefaseerd uitbrengen.

Volgens Shuhei Yoshida is het voor Sony een doel geworden om nieuwe titels voor de PlayStation 4 op een “goed tempo” te gaan brengen.Tijdens de Gamescom liet men daarom ook alleen de games zien die bij de launch zullen verschijnen, maar dat betekent dus niet dat we lang op andere games hoeven te wachten.

In een interview met Polygon meldt de baas van Sony Computer Entertainment dat er nog meer games in de pijpleiding liggen, echter wacht men liever op het “juiste moment” om deze aan te kondigen. Yoshida meldt:

“It’s interesting that when we discuss the lineup and launch timing of titles, we always discuss internally with our marketing teams about strategy, about when we want these games,” Yoshida explained. “It’s not like we’re saying we have to release everything at launch or we shouldn’t release everything at launch. They’re also going back and forth; they want to create a larger launch lineup, but at the same time, they want to create a supply of new titles with good pace. That’s a competing goal.”

The PlayStation 4 has already been adopted by third parties, padding out the launch lineup for the console significantly. According to Yoshida, their support has been critical in ensuring Worldwide Studios has the time it needs to get its products done right.

“I think, because we have good support from third parties, I think we should focus more on the steady flow of titles from our studios, rather than trying to get everything for the launch,” Yoshida said.

As an added benefit, the unannounced games teased during Sony’s Gamescom presser — PS4 games from Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica and more — can stay unannounced, because there are plenty of other games for the console coming out at launch.

“The teams really want to wait until they have something that people will see and say, ‘Wow,'” Yoshida said. “It’s a natural desire for game development teams to wait until later in the development to unveil their titles. I agree, if we talk about some new Naughty Dog game that’s coming, and show some teaser movie or something, people might like it —but that might not be the best presentation of the game they’re actually developing for PS4.

“It’s a luxury for us not to announce these games we have in development, that we do not feel the need to do that to support the launch of PS4.”

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/24/4650224/yoshida-wants-to-keep-a-steady-flow-of-post-launch-ps4-games

Anoniem reageren

Je bent niet ingelogd op PlaySense, heb je wel een account? Dan kun je hier inloggen. Heb je geen account? Klik hier om te registreren of post anoniem hieronder.

4 reacties

1. 1058 XP

Goeie keus. Zo blijf er voor ons genoeg over om naar uit te kijken, en niet de minste dingen!

2. 228 XP

Klinkt goed!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk 4

3. 169 XP

Precies, heb je nog wat om naar uit te kijken als we een paar maandjes verder zijn.

4. 483 XP

Fijn om te lezen. Een nieuwe Naughty Dog op PS4 gaat een bom zijn.